PACS Student Communications Assistant
Part-time Job Posting
Starting August 2013 – covering Fall 2013/ Winter 2014
- Excellent communication skills – including first-rate writing skills and personable qualities
- Able to promote the PACS program in various formats – including in-person and various social media forums
- Working experience with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Working knowledge of developing and managing Facebook, Twitter, and Blog content
- Creativity, some knowledge of, or an “eye” for design principles for the web
- A vision for connecting to fellow students and assisting in the continued growth of the student-led PACS Society
- Exceptional competency in time management and prioritizing in an independent work environment
- Proven in taking initiative and acting as a self-starter
- Consistent availability throughout the term
- Starting in August 2013
- (10-15 hours per week for the Fall 2013 and Winter 2014 terms)
- Enrolled in a PACS Plan
- Develop the page, and maintain connections with PACS students through PACS social networking sites – including Facebook, Twitter, and the PACS blog.
- This would include promoting PACS events; the activities of PACS students and student groups; highlighting PACS alumni; developing and monitoring discussion groups, etc.
- Assist in promoting, planning, and implementing PACS Sponsored Events including updating online calendars and the Conrad Grebel weekly bulletin as appropriate
- Design, write, and send-out a bi-weekly bulletin of PACS related news and events that is emailed to students.
- In consultation with the PACS Administrative Assistant and the CGUC Communications Coordinator, work to maintain and update the PACS website with information in a timely and attractive manner. This could include:
- Updating and re-writing information pages to be web appropriate including maintaining and inserting links;
- Maintaining Field Studies pages with links and connections to current and past students
- Developing regularly changing (once per month) “front pages” for the PACS web page
- Researching and developing current student and alumni profiles that can promote the program
- Assisting the Graphic design and recruitment department in developing PACS promotional materials.
- Photographing events for uploading to the webpage
- Keep the PACS bulletin board up to date with information on upcoming events and happenings in the PACS department
- Assist in planning and implementing activities that promote PACS – eg. March Break Open House
- Other related duties that may periodically be assigned
Rate of Pay
- Approx. Conrad Grebel student rate currently $10.75/hour.
As part of developing ideas and activities to promote a sense of community, the PACS Communications Assistant is encouraged to serve with the PACS Society as VP Education. This position involves planning educational events for PACS students and acting as a liaison between PACS students and faculty/staff.
To apply for the above position, please submit a cover letter explaining how you would qualify for the job and attach an up-to-date resume. Please also include three references that can be contacted as required.
Submit your resume to:
519-885-0220 ext. 24269
Conrad Grebel University College, Rm 2118
Deadline for Applications: Wednesday, March 27, 2013 – 4:3